GeoUS Opening Conference and COVID-19
Given the current situation in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic, and the Czech
Government’s and Rector’s orders (see below), it was decided to organize the GeoUS
Kick-off meeting by teleconference and also to proceed with the GeoUS Opening Conference
as ''web conference''. In this way given the circumstances, GeoUS project will start
with planned activities.
The Rector’s order in connection with the spread of coronavirus COVID-19 is as follows:
On 12 March 2020, the Government of the Czech Republic issued Resolution No. 194
declaring a state of emergency for the territory of the Czech Republic due to health
threats in connection with proving the occurrence of coronavirus (referred to as SARS
COV-2) in the territory of the Czech Republic, namely 2:00 p.m. March 12, 2020 for 30
days. This order is issued based on the Resolution of the Government of the Czech
Republic of 12 March 2020 on the adoption of crisis measure No. 198 - Measure banning
entry into the Czech Republic and travelling to risk countries and No. 199 - Measure
banning the organization of cultural, sporting and other events over 30 persons. The
resolutions were issued in connection with the above-mentioned Government Resolution No.
194. The measures below are effective until further notice by the Rector.
- I impose a ban on entry for all foreigners coming from risk areas to the premises of all VSB-TUO
campuses, with the exception of foreigners staying temporarily over 90 days or permanent residence
in the Czech Republic.
- I order the cancellation of all events over 30 persons held in any premises of VSB-TUO by third
parties. I order the relevant managers of VSB-TUO to ensure that the third parties concerned are
informed of the prohibition issued by the Government of the Czech Republic by Resolution No. 199,
which is valid from 13 March 2020 from 6:00 a.m., and to ensure other related activities.
- I cancel all events over 30 persons organized by VSB-TUO.
- I order the relevant managers of VSB-TUO to immediately inform tenants operating catering services
in all VSB-TUO campuses that, according to the Resolution of the Government of the Czech Republic
No. 199, the ban on public presence is valid from 6:00 a.m. 13 March 2020 from 8:00 p.m. to 6 a.m.
in their premises.
- I order the relevant managers of VSB-TUO to immediately inform tenants operating social clubs and
other entertainment and sports facilities in all campuses of VSB-TUO that, according to the
Resolution of the Government of the Czech Republic No. 199, the ban on the presence of the public is
valid from 6:00 a.m. 13 March 2020 in their premises. (6) I order the immediate closure of the
Central Library of VSB-TUO and all sports facilities operated by the Department of Physical
Education and Sport of VSB-TUO and the special-purpose facility of VSB-TUO.
- Employees in leading positions are obliged to ensure demonstrable familiarization of their
subordinates with this Rector´s order.
- Failure to comply with this Rector's order may be considered as a criminal offense on some points.
- This order shall become effective on 13th March 2020.
Prof. RNDr. Václav Snášel, CSc. Rector